- How would you search for an exact word or phrase?
You are to type in the quotes to search for the exact set of words. This is done usually when searching for a song or title.
Example: “imagine all the people”
- How would you search for something on a specific site?
On Google, you will use the “site:somesite.com” modifier. With this type in the content along with the webpage.
Example: “internet marketing” site:www.smallbusinesshub.com
- How would you correctly search for a definition?
When trying to look up a definition of a word or phrase, use the “define:” command.
- How would you search for a specific product available within a specific price range?
You will have to use the “Shopping” link on the left panel on the results page in order to shop for products and compare prices across the web.
- How would you search for a specific file type?
In order to find specific filetype/document, you can use the modifier “filetype:”. For example, you might want to find only PowerPoint presentations related to internet marketing.
Example: “internet marketing” filetype:ppt
- How would you include or ignore words in your search?
Google includes all the terms by default within a search. If you are looking for any one of one or more terms to match, then you can use the “OR” operator.
Example: internet marketing OR advertising
- How would you find related pages?
In order to find related pages, use the “related:” operator, followed by the website address.
Example: related:[insert URL]
- How would you find a topic, searching all available synonyms of a word?
In order to include results that contain similar words or synonyms, use the “~” in front of the chosen word.
Example: “internet marketing” ~professional
- How would you find the time in another country?
To find the time in another country, type in the word “time” and the city or country beside it.
Example. “time Japan”
- How would you find out how many Egyptian pounds you get for $20 Canadian dollars?
Get current exchange rates by searching “[currency 1] in [currency 2]”.
Example: Egyptian pounds in dollars